Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Karen Blixen Home (minus the home)

Word. My first touristy thing I managed to do here in Nairobi was visiting Karen Blixen's house, and only for two reasons 1.) We were in the neighbourhood (appropriately known as Karen) and 2.) I was reading her book Out of Africa (you know the one that won a bunch of Oscars starring Meryl Streep and Robert Redford). I spent about 5 minutes inside of her house out of respect (and the 800 Kenyan Shillings I had to pay), then bolted for the outdoors where all the REAL action was. The following photos are of my afternoon spent with my new friends in my new city in Ahhhhhfricaaah!




















Back with more.
Love,
R

PS: If anyone can help me give names to any or all these creatures and flowers, I would be more than grateful (Mummy, that means you!)

1 comment:

  1. !!!
    You never cease to amaze me my dear child!
    Wowzers! Africa!
    I LOVE that one of the little yellow bird making its next while hanging! So many amazing shots my little snapper bird! Thank you for sharing these wonders!
    I miss you like crazy girl! And only dream of a day when I can come to you there. But I must forge my own path as well, and I am getting so many sign from Egypt as well! The flood gates are open, and my wildest dream is to remember a past life from the original mother land... I'm working on my Amharic and am getting pretty good! Thanastenleng! Salaamnesh? Indemenesh? Simi Lana No. Simmish manno? Egazabihieresteleng! I now have a traditional Ethiopian dress too! I am one of them. : )

    LOVE LOVE LOVE To the edge of the world and back! To the moon and to you my sweet soul sister! I am singing for you.

    Keep up the good work and be safe!
    Denaderee!

    ReplyDelete